Life Cycle of Offshore Drilling Project
Needs of Domestic Test Infra
• Average period is approx. 60 days to sail a drilling rig from shipyard to the North Sea or GOM
• Reinforced test regulation(BOP, LMRP) prospected after Macondoaccident
• Essential re-certification with well test every five years by changing workplace or chartering Co.
• Needs for test/commissioning in domestic sea from oil major or chartering Co. are Increasing.
• Infrastructure establishment to advance offshore market and to invigorate service industry according to
▫Offshore Market Development Plan :Establishing core equipment test infrastructure of offshore drilling system
▫Major Government Projects: Establishing infrastructure to advance offshore market
▫A three-year Plan of Innovative Economy : Supporting valuable business infrastructure for installation, O&M, decommissioning fields etc.
• International competitiveness enhance through offshore market scope expand service, equipment field
▫Promoting for future industries
• Ownership : Korean Government
• Right of Using : KOMERI
▫By National Infrastructure Project
• Location of Jujak-1
▫Location : UlleungBasin
▫Dist. from Pohang : 90km
▫Dist. from Ulsan : 125km
▫Water Depth : 1,798m
• Meteorological Info. of the East Sea
▫The Ebb and Flow of the Tide : max 30cm
▫Velocity of Surface : 40cm/s (Low VIV of Risers)
▫Surface Layer Current : North-northeast Year-round